Why I Teach
To help mentor future nurses.
My area of clinical focus is in critical care with an emphasis on cardiovascular disease. I am a US Navy veteran and served on active duty during Operation Desert Shield/Strom. I am active in many church activities and am the Lay Leader of Whatcoat United Methodist Church (Camden, DE) where I also am a Lay Delegate to the Peninsula Delaware Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church. In addition, I am a lay member of the committee for the Dover District Superintendencey of the Peninsula Delaware Conference.
I also serve the citizens of Delaware as the Vice President and Nursing Education Representative to the Delaware Board of Nursing. My teaching awards include the State of Delaware Nursing Faculty Member of the Year (2000), the Wesley College President’s Award for Teaching (2003), and the Exemplary Teaching Award from the General Board of Higher Education and Ministry of the United Methodist Church (2003-2004).
- Ed.D, Educational Innovational and Leadership, Wilmington College
- M.S.N., Cardiovascular Nursing, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- B.S.N., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Diploma in Nursing, Pilgrim State Hospital School of Nursing
- NR228 Health Maintenance and Restoration I
- NR230 Pharmacology
- NR232 Clinical Elective in Perioperative Nursing
- NR304 Palliative Care at End of Life Nursing
- NR307 Health Maintenace and Restoration II
- NR515 Graduate Research I
- NR603 Advanced Physical Assessment
- NR620 Capstone Project/Thesis Adviser
- Location: Johnston Hall 134
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (302) 736-2482