DSU-Wesley Acquisition > >

Quick Links

Veterans/Military Benefits

Wesley College programs have been approved for the awarding of benefits to eligible veterans. The Veterans’ Affairs Office has been established by the College to coordinate veterans’ programs and services.

A veteran must be matriculated at Wesley College prior to certification for educational benefits. A matriculated student is one who:

  • Has filed an official Wesley College application.
  • Has declared the intent to pursue a specific program.
  • Has been fully accepted by the College.
  • Is registered for a specific course/ courses.

Upon verification of a veteran student’s enrollment and his/her satisfactory progress, (prescribed by Wesley guidelines), a Certification of Enrollment will be forwarded to the Department of Veterans’ Affairs. (Only courses that fulfill degree requirements will be certified)

How to Apply for VA Educational Benefits

  1. Access GI Bill Website at www.gibill.va.gov
  2. Complete the online application by clicking on the VONAPP link
  3. Print Signature Page after completing the online application
  4. Send completed Signature Page to Buffalo Region VA Office (address found on website)
  5. Submit copy of the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) to Wesley College

Veteran’s Enrollment/Change in Status
It is the veteran’s responsibility to notify the Veterans’ Affairs Coordinator of his/her enrollment status each term. Any changes in enrollment (drop, withdrawal, and change in credit hours) must be reported within two weeks of the change. Pre-registration through an advisor or the Registrar does not automatically register a veteran for benefits.

All veterans are required to submit a Veterans Certification Request Form. Click here to download form.

VA payments cannot be made for courses from which a student withdraws unless such a change was warranted by circumstances beyond the student’s control. Students will be required to submit supporting evidence to substantiate the change in enrollment status. Examples of such evidence are:

  • A doctor’s certification to verify an illness or,
  • A statement from an employer to confirm a required change in work schedule, etc. or,
  • A change in service activation status.

If evidence is not provided, the education award may be reduced effective the first day of the semester in which the change took place.

Questions? Contact:
VA Education Call Center
(888) 442-4551

Erin Collier
VA Wesley Representative
(302) 736-2434