2020 Commencement – Update #1
2020 Wesley College Yearbook – Submit Images Today
Dear 2020 Wesley Graduates,
We know this is a difficult time for you after the work you have accomplished during your time at Wesley College. Who would have ever thought it would end with a pandemic? But even in these unprecedented times, we still intend to celebrate your academic achievement and help make memories you will have for a lifetime!
Although an on-campus commencement ceremony is being planned for the fall, we are currently working on a virtual commencement ceremony for this May. But we will need your help to make it as exciting as it can be. To make sure each of you are represented as you would like to be, we will need your assistance with the following:
- Check your Wesley email daily and respond in a timely manner to any requests for information. This will help keep us meet important deadlines for a May 23, 2020, virtual commencement ceremony.
Please know we are here to help! Our office will also be keeping a daily check on our email in case you have any questions. We will respond as quickly as possible.
- You will receive an email with a link and instructions how to log onto the commencement website and create a profile. The site is very user friendly, but should you have any questions, please let us know by emailing email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, or by simply responding to this email.
Yes, we are having caps and gowns mailed to your home address. Please be sure to keep everything together as the tassel is included and may fall out of the package without notice.
- Be prepared to provide a picture of yourself in your cap and gown once you receive them and include any other academic or student organization stoles/sashes/medallions, which will also be mailed to your home address.
If you need these items delivered to an address other than what you had listed on your graduation petition, now is the time to let us know by replying to this email! We will do our very best to get them to you!
- Along with the picture, you will be able to post a message. This can be a message to all those that you feel are important to your success or a quote you live by. Give this some thought, as the ceremony will remain online forever. We want you to look back and be proud of your message.
College officials will be reviewing all submissions and will notify you if any changes are necessary.
- You will also be asked to spell your name out phonetically. Along with that, there will be an opportunity for you to record your name, so it will be pronounced properly during the ceremony.
Please make sure you take time to do this step as there won’t be any way to alter the pronunciation later.
For now, we just really would appreciate that you follow your email closely as that will be our main way of communicating during this time. We look forward to celebrating you in the most personal way possible during this time.
Please let us know if you have any questions.
Your Wesley College Family