Making Your First Appointment
All Wesley College students, full or part-time may seek counseling support at the Counseling Center. There is no fee for services at the center. To schedule the initial consultation session, call the Counseling Center at 302-736-2445 during office hours. The receptionist will ask for your name, address, and phone number, and will schedule a time for you to meet with a member of our staff.
Everything you discuss with your counselor is confidential. The counselor may speak with specific college staff if there is a threat of danger to one self or other. We need your written permission to talk to anyone else about anything you say or even to acknowledge that you come here. Under law, we are obliged to break confidentiality if: you intend to harm yourself or somebody else.
- Individual Counseling: This service is when you meet with a professional counselor for regularly scheduled sessions. The sessions are usually limited since we provide only short term therapy.
- Psychiatric Consultation: Your counselor may decide with you that a referral for a consultation is appropriate. Medication or some other form of short-term treatment may be suggested to assist you in getting through a crisis situation.
- Psychological Testing: Your counselor may suggest testing as a means of understanding yourself better.
- Special Focus Workshops: The center offers practical, skills-based workshops on an ongoing basis. The themes of these workshops include stress management, sleep health, study skills, anger management, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Referral to a community agency: Our services are limited to short-term counseling. The center can help you with a referral to and connection with community services for long-term or more specialized assistance.
Monday- Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Friday: 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
*Counseling Services are available when classes are in session.