Zimmerman Hall is an apartment-style residence hall that caters to Upper-level student. There are three residential floors with 16 apartments on each floor with all floors are co-ed. Each apartment sleeps four students and is single gender. Every apartment has two bedrooms with two full bathrooms, a common living area, and a full kitchen. The kitchen includes a refrigerator and freezer, microwave, oven/stove, dishwasher, and sink. There is ample storage space in each apartment, including three pantries in the kitchen. Each apartment has a thermostat to control heating and air conditioning.
Room Set Up
Zimmerman Hall accommodates 4 students per apartment, with room for two students to live in each bedroom. Each bedroom is furnished with two twin beds (regular), two desks, two chairs, two three-drawer dressers, and one closet per bedroom. There is one bathroom in each bedroom. Every bathroom is furnished with a toilet, sink, small cabinet space, and shower. Bathroom sizes vary in different apartments throughout the building.
The average bedroom size is 13′ 5” long by 12′ 5” wide. There is one closet in each bedroom measuring 5′ 3” wide and 2′ 4” deep. The closet does not have a curtain or closet and is “open.” Students may wish to bring a curtain or cover.
The average kitchen size is 11′ 2” long by 11′ 10” wide. The average common living area is 12′ 5” wide and 13′ 6” long.
- Cable Television: Each room is wired for cable TV. The cost of basic cable television is included in the price of the room. XFinity On Campus (Streaming) is also available to resident students.
- Laundry Rooms: There is one laundry room located in the garage level. There are 4 washing machines and 6 dryers available to residents. Each load costs $1.50 and the machines accept quarters or you can use your College ID with preloaded money!
- Internet: Internet access is provided to students living on campus. Rooms are equipped with 2 internet jacks- one for each student. Wi-Fi is also available throughout the building.
- Telephones: Each room is equipped with 1 jack and has their own telephone number.
- Microwaves: Microwaves are provided in each room in the hall as part of a full kitchen.
- Vending: There is 1 vending machine in Zimmerman Hall located outside the Residence Director’s office on the 1st floor.
- Pantries: There are 3 pantry closets located in the apartment kitchen.
The phone number to the Zimmerman Hall Office is (302) 736-4166.