The Robert H. Parker Library at Wesley College supports the academic and research success of our students, faculty, and staff, in the true liberal arts tradition.
The Robert H. Parker Library supports the mission of Wesley College. We participate in the daily academic and social life of our community and seek to become the intellectual heart of this student-centered learning institution.
In the future, the Parker Library will, by building on current successes and adding new efforts…
- Provide and promote access to a diverse range of materials, both in print and electronically, that will aid members of the community in intellectual and entertainment pursuits;
- Build on the welcoming atmosphere we have developed to become a destination of choice for students looking to meet with groups or to study individually;
- Partner with faculty in achieving the goals and outcomes that are the aims of the new core curriculum;
- Build and sustain a skill set among our professional and paraprofessional staff members that enable us to serve the needs of our immediate and broader community;
- Seek and take advantage of partnership opportunities that will add to the educational excellence and quality of life for all members of our community.
- Support the needs of the entire Wesley community: students, faculty and staff
- Participate in the Delaware Library Consortium, a statewide library consortium
- Empower our students by teaching them how to teach themselves
- Instill information literacy skills to enhance critical thinking
Research & Scholarship
- Support the needs of our community with an every evolving interdisciplinary collection
- Contribute to the broader conversation of academic librarianship
- Partner with and support the scholarly efforts of our faculty
- Impart to our diverse population the values of dignity, integrity, and respect
- Support the academic, personal, professional, and entertainment needs of our students
- Provide a welcoming and safe space for personal and academic pursuits
Teaching & Learning
- Part of the dynamic learning environment of Wesley College
- Support of and participation in the new core curriculum
- Proponents of the application of lessons from the field of the science of teaching & learning