Bachelor of Arts in History
World and Regional History
The History Program encompasses World History, American History, and American Studies/Material Culture. The program offers a unique opportunity for students to complete their degree in History and gain practical experience in History-related fields. History students gain important reading, writing, research, speaking, and critical thinking skills that enable them to pursue a variety of careers. International and domestic travel as a means to understand the moral and ethical foundations of the world’s diverse civilizations is an important component of the Wesley College History Department curriculum.
Graduates of the History Program:
- Demonstrate a knowledge of U.S. History, World History and American Studies/Material Culture that will establish a strong foundation for graduate study or a career in many fields.
- Understand and appreciate the moral and ethical foundations of the world’s diverse civilizations, peoples and their political, economic, social, and cultural histories.
- Using appropriate technologies, construct, present, and/or write well-organized historical narratives by thinking critically and by finding, evaluating, and synthesizing evidence from diverse historical sources.
- Internships at local museums, historic sites, and historical agencies
- Travel courses to Ireland, Italy, Sicily, Paris, Bruges, California, New Mexico, and other destinations.