Why I Teach
I enjoy empowering students with knowledge, skills, and attitudes to help them become the best possible nurses they can be. I challenge myself to develop innovative ways to explain complex concepts in a way people can understand.
I have been a member of the American Nurses Association and Sigma Theta Tau since I graduated with my BSN from the University of Maryland in 1980.
I was involved in nursing education accreditation with the NLNAC/ACEN as a site visitor, team chair, and Evaluation Review Panel member for ten years. I have served on three NCLEX item writing panels and was on Nurse Educator Certification Examination (CNE) Test Development Committee for three years and the original Item writing panel for this exam. I am proud to hold the CNE credential.
I currently serve on the Nanticoke Health System Board of Directors and co-chair their Quality and Professional Affairs Committee. Always a believer in life-long learning, I am a doctoral student in Educational Leadership at American Sentinel University.
- M.S. University of Maryland
- B.S. University of Maryland
- NR 107 Introduction to Professional Nursing
- NR 203 Client Assessment for Health Promotion
- NR 214 Foundations of Nursing
- NR 228 Health Maintenance and Restoration I
- Location: Johnston Hall 227
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (302) 736-2403