Why I Teach
I teach because I love teaching since to teach is to learn and care. And to make a difference, one needs only be willing.
Areas of Research
- My research interests include Harmonic Analysis, Functional Analysis (especially in the areas of Operator Theory), Computational Science, Education and Biomathematics.
Presentations & Papers
- Nwogbaga (with Chidume): “Approximation methods for common fixed points for a countable family of nonexpansive mappings”. Nonlinear Analysis: Theory, Methods & Applications Volume 71, Issue 12, (15 December 2009, Pages e164-e175).
- “Applicable Mathematical Analysis”. Presented at the Sub-Saharan Workshop on Mathematical Analysis and Optimization at Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki, Nigeria (2008). The workshop was sponsored by the International Center for Theoretical Physics (ICTP), Trieste, Italy; Ebonyi State University, Abakaliki; and, the Forum for Training and Research in Mathematics (FORTIM), Abakaliki. ICTP is a scientific research center that operates under the aegis of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) and UNESCO.
- “Enhancing Mathematical Literacy Across Campus”. Presented at the 2011 National Convention of Alpha Chi Honor Society in San Diego, California.
Awards & Recognition
- National Distinguished Service Award (2011). This rare award was bestowed on Nwogbaga on April 2, 2011 by the National Council of Alpha Chi National College Honor Scholarship Society during its 2011 national convention at San Diego, California.
- Appreciation for Ten Years of Loyal Service to Wesley College (2011). This was given on March 16, 2011 by Wesley College President.
- Wesley College Faculty Professional Development Grant Awards for 2011, 2010, etc.
- Regional Vice President of Alpha Chi National College Honor Scholarship Society (Region VI) since 2010.
- Member, American Mathematical Society (AMS).
- Member, Mathematical Association of America (MAA) & EPADEL.
- Member, National Association for Developmental Education (NADEL).
- 2009 Volunteer Recognition of Nwogbaga by the Nehemiah Gateway Development Corporation for the volunteer service as an IRS-certified tax preparer in support of the Delaware EITC program.
- Ph.D. Auburn University
- M.S. University of Nigeria
- B.S. University of Nigeria
- MA460 Abstract Algebra
- MA410 Real Analysis
- MA313 Advanced Calculus III
- MA250 Discrete Mathematics I
- MA240 Computer Programming II
- MA210 Applied Calculus
- MA201 Introduction to Statistical Methods
- MA140 Computer Programming I
- MA112 Precalculus II
- MA111 Precalculus I
- MA108 Mathematical Concepts and Operations II
- MA102 Intermediate Algebra
- HU199 Wesley Connection
- AS198 Academic Strategies for Excellence
- Location: Cannon 105
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (302) 736-2526