The mission of the Wellness Center is to enhance Wesley College’s academic and campus life through clinical care and health education promoting a wellness lifestyle.
The Wesley College Wellness Center provides ambulatory, urgent care and referral services. All services conducted here, and any medication or supplies dispensed are included in the College tuition fee. Costs of prescriptions, outside laboratory and x-ray services, and any referrals are the responsibility of the student.
- Ambulatory Care – Common health complaints, injuries, respiratory infections, urinary tract infections, headaches, stomach aches, rashes, etc.
- Procedures – Suture removal, dressing changes, urine pregnancy testing, throat cultures, urine cultures.
- Vision Screening – Snellen chart testing, referrals for ophthalmologists when corrective lenses are indicated.
- Pharmacy Supplies – Over the counter medications available in samples per physician order, all at no charge. Local pharmacies used for prescriptions.
- Health Education Programs – Staff available for residence hall programs, consultation or individual counseling.
The College has contracted with Dr. Vonda Green to provide basic medical care. Please see the Health Services page for more information.
Any students, visitors, faculty or staff who have traveled abroad and/or visited countries such as Guinea, Sierra Leone and Liberia in the past few weeks are strongly encouraged to contact the College Health Center at (302) 736-2521 or (302) 736-2412 before or immediately upon arrival on campus to discuss screening, monitoring and precaution that have been recommended by the CDC.
Required Immunization and Physical Form Information
Immunizations and physicals are required for admission to Wesley College. The company “Castle Branch” will be coordinating students efforts to meet this requirement. However, Wesley College staff will make themselves available to answer any questions as students move throughout the process. Students must pay a one-time fee of $35 for the service. Students are required to retrieve and upload completed immunization and physical forms to Castle Branch. All physical forms must be completed after June 1, filled out, and signed by a medical provider. Physicals completed prior to June 1 will not be accepted.
Forms must be submitted no later than August 1 for Fall 2016 and December 15 or Spring 2017. Please feel free to give us a call: Admissions Office, (302) 736-2400 or the Wellness Center, (302) 736-2521 if you have any questions.
In the “Place Order” field, please select ONLY ONE of the following package codes specific to your school program.
- WG69saspim – Fall Athletes Medical Document Manager
- WG69gspim – Fall General Students Medical Document Manager
- WG69nspim – Fall Nursing Medical Document Manager
Students should contact Castle Branch if there are any questions about uploading information on the site at 1-888-914-7279; M-F 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. EST, Sunday 10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
For convenience prior to your appointment with a healthcare provider, you may print the Wesley College Immunization and Physical forms below. Please note all forms must be submitted back to your CastleBranch Profile by August 1. No paper forms will be accepted.
Flu Season is Just Around the Corner
Sore throat, fever, cough, body aches, runny or stuffy nose, headache, chills, fatigue, diarrhea and/or vomiting. If you develop symptoms please call the Wellness Center at (302) 736-2412.
Stop the Spread of Germs
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw away the tissue in a waste basket.
- If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your upper sleeve or elbow. Do not sneeze into your hands.
- Wash hands with warm soap and water for 20 seconds. If soap is unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Talk to your health care provider about receiving the flu vaccine.