“The most dangerous leadership myth is that leaders are born- that there is a genetic factor to leadership. This myth asserts that people simply either have certain charismatic qualities or not. That’s nonsense; in fact, the opposite is true. Leaders are made rather than born.” This quote by Warren G. Bennis exemplifies Wesley’s belief regarding leadership. Leadership roles at Wesley College takes place in a variety of ways- Orientation Leaders, RAs, Executive Board members, Intamural officials, Athletic team captains! This site has a variety of resources designed to help you succeed in leadership roles.
Goals of Leadership Development
- Enhance: leadership skills that will lead to effective leadership in student organizations and other aspects of the Wesley community.
- Empower: successful, educated, strong, motivated leaders to stand out in their community
- Encourage: connections and collaboration between student leaders to strengthen the foundation of student organizations
- Establish: a minimum standard of leadership qualities and skills that will encourage successful leaders.
Tuesday Take on Leadership Days
- August 25
- September 9
- September 23
- October 14
- October 28
- November 11
- November 25
Find out more
- Leadership Summit (Coming Soon)
- Student Leadership Recognition Ceremony