“The most dangerous leadership myth is that leaders are born- that there is a genetic factor to leadership. This myth asserts that people simply either have certain charismatic qualities or not. That’s nonsense; in fact, the opposite is true. Leaders are made rather than born.” This quote by Warren G. Bennis exemplifies Wesley’s belief regarding leadership. Leadership roles at Wesley College takes place in a variety of ways- Orientation Leaders, RAs, Executive Board members, Intamural officials, Athletic team captains! This site has a variety of resources designed to help you succeed in leadership roles.
Goals of Leadership Development
- Enhance: leadership skills that will lead to effective leadership in student organizations and other aspects of the Wesley community.
- Empower: successful, educated, strong, motivated leaders to stand out in their community
- Encourage: connections and collaboration between student leaders to strengthen the foundation of student organizations
- Establish: a minimum standard of leadership qualities and skills that will encourage successful leaders.
The Shine Your Light Student Leadership Series
This series was established to help students understand and execute the above goals of leadership.
- September 7, 2017 – Leadership 101
- September 19, 2017 – The Student Leadership Panel
- October 3, 2017 – “Stay Woke!”
- October 24, 2017 – “Life Balance”
- November 15, 2017 – “Leadership In Action”