The low ropes course is designed to teach small groups or teams how to communicate, cooperate, and challenge themselves in a safe and fun atmosphere. The low ropes course helps participants think and act creatively whether it be a sports team, organization or a group of co-workers.
The low ropes course is located on the corner of North Queen Street and Mary Street (on the corner next to Wesley West Athletic Complex) in the city of Dover, DE. 19901
Adventure Education Ground Activities
Build group cohesiveness and individual self-efficacy through collaborative problem solving, trust and teaching building activities, all while keeping your feet on, or close to the ground.
Low Ropes Activities
Course elements available to be considered include solving problems on a horizontal telephone pole flat teeter-totter platform, A-frame walk, swinging rope traverse, a variety of wires upon which to walk 6-18″ above the ground, 3′-5′ steps, and a 12′ wall.
Information Regarding the Low Ropes Course:
- Low Ropes programs: maximum of 30 people (minimum age: 11 or grade 5).
- Ground-only activities: maximum of 20 people (minimum age: 6 or 1st grade).
- Minimum group size is 8 participants. For low ropes programs, 8-15 people require 1 course leader; 16-30 require 2 course leaders. Ground- only activities require 1 course leader for 8-20 people.
- All group members must sign participant agreement forms which include release of liability & medical and insurance information.
- Group members under the age of 18 must have a parent/guardian signature on participant agreement forms
- 1 adult supervisor required per 1- 10 participants under the age of 18.
- Donations welcome to support maintenance and expansion of course elements.
- Adventure Education/Low Ropes (1 hour minimum)
- Non-profit/Corporation: $140 – $180 per hour
For more information, or to reserve the Leadership Training & Team Building Low Ropes Course and a certified leader for your group’s experience, please contact: