Need a little help in writing that paper? You could come to the Writing Center to get help from a tutor or take one of the handouts.
But what if you prefer to work on your own? We offer a vast array of individually created handouts covering all aspects of academic writing and research. Wesley students have access here to the information needed to successfully complete any writing assignment!
From guides for MLA or APA format to citation helps and grammar hints, you are certain to find a handout to assist you in your research work. Download a specific handout created for you from the Writing Center!
General Writing Helps
- A Checklist for Argument Position Papers
- A Checklist for Research Papers
- Chicago Manual of Style Guide
- Don’t Turn In Your Essay Until You….
- EBSCOHOST Search
- General Comma Usage
- How To Find a Book
- Is It I or Me?
- Planning Ahead
- Planning the Essay
- Prewriting Prompts for Writing about Literature
- Replacements for Said
- The 3 T’s
- The DARE Formula
- The Paragraph
- Tips For Teaching Grammar: Conjugation of the English Verb
- Understanding Assignments
- Web Sources for Fighting Plagiarism
- What is Verb Tense?
- Writing a Critical Analysis
- Writing Summaries
Using APA Style in Writing
- APA Style Checklist
- Common APA Reference Page Entries
- Documenting an EBSCOhost Article in APA Format
- Documenting Online Sources Using APA
- Sample APA Pages
- Websites for APA Formatting
- What Is APA Style